Log in

Kundapura: fire menace in four different places

Kundapura: A fire menace that happened in four different places in and around Kundapur created havoc resulting in loss of worth several lacks.

At Japti rubber estate went to dust worth lacks and at Bantwadi dry grass went to dust worth ten thousand rupees.

At Hunsemakki’s Japti, a rubber estate that belong to Satvik had 20 acres land where 400 plants burned completely out of 6000 plants. The reason behind this fire accident is still unknown.

And in another fire accident near Bantwadi, H.S.Chandrakanth’s dry grass storage was burnt due to short circuit. Fire brigade has stopped the probable loss which would have been caused of fire to other areas.

And in Ankadakatte a forest caught fire and fire brigade from Kundapura  and in Shanadi near Tekkatte was put off by Malpe Fire engine.

  • Published in Udupi

Cashew nut rind plant caught fire at Udupi

Udupi: a cashew nut rind plant at Mavinakatte belonged to Santhosh of Navabharat traders, caught fire and owner faced huge loss.

It is suspected that oil present in the rind may be cause for the fire to get caught by the short circuit.

As usual when the owner came to the plant in the morning, he saw fire and immediately called the fire brigade. But because of the oil, fire adusted the plant even before the fire brigade could reach.

Store room and 12 thousand bags of rind are adusted.

Plant is 7000sq.ft large and estimated cost of loss is 12 to 16 lacks. Store room loss is 50 lacks. All in all property of 75 lacks are burnt in the accident.

  • Published in short news

Lorry caught fire: stack of paddy straw went a dust

Bantwala: A mini lorry which was transporting paddy straw hit an eclectic wire and set on fire near Urudai of Kodambettu on Thursday.

Local people and fire brigade has managed to cool the fire down but irrespective of their action lorry and straws both have been burnt.

The driver had overloaded the paddy straws which resulted in accidental fire attack and was illegaqlly transported. Punjalkatte SI Latesh Kumar inspected the matter.

  • Published in Bantwal
Subscribe to this RSS feed