New Delhi: The latest in the Salman Khan hit and run trial case is that it has now been adjourned till November 24. Two witnesses had deposed in a Mumbai Court.
The witness, a JW Mariott parking assistant had earlier said that Salman got behind the wheel of the landcruiser at the hotel. He also said that Salman also tipped him Rs 500 adding that he was accompanied by 3 friends.
The hit and run incident dates back to 2002 in which one person had died while four others had been injured. Salman was charged with an additional charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder that is liable for a 10-year sentence.
There have been several twists and turns in the 12-year hit and run case in the past too. In August, 2014, the Mumbai Police had told the court that the case diary has gone missing in addition to 55 of the 63 case related documents which were already missing.
The court has asked the prosecution to file a report on the next plan of action. The court has also directed the former investigating officer, Kisan Shengal, to be present at the next hearing scheduled on September 12.
- Salman Khan
- Police disrupt Salman's party for Arpita on her birthday
- Salman Khan tweets, not to hang Yakub Memon but his brother Tiger Memon
- Bajrangi Bhaijan to help farmers
- I want Bajarangi Bhaijaan to be made tax free: Salman Khan