Log in

Cashew nut rind plant caught fire at Udupi

Udupi: a cashew nut rind plant at Mavinakatte belonged to Santhosh of Navabharat traders, caught fire and owner faced huge loss.

It is suspected that oil present in the rind may be cause for the fire to get caught by the short circuit.

As usual when the owner came to the plant in the morning, he saw fire and immediately called the fire brigade. But because of the oil, fire adusted the plant even before the fire brigade could reach.

Store room and 12 thousand bags of rind are adusted.

Plant is 7000sq.ft large and estimated cost of loss is 12 to 16 lacks. Store room loss is 50 lacks. All in all property of 75 lacks are burnt in the accident.

  • Published in short news
Subscribe to this RSS feed